[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-04-30

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu May 8 15:10:19 CDT 2008


Ian, if possible could you vote on XEP-0171 and XEP-0222 via the list?
If we don't hear from you in the next 24 hours I'll mark you as "did not
vote".

Also if you have any thoughts on public key publishing that would be
most helpful. :)

On 04/30/2008 2:54 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2008-04-30...
> 
> Agenda:
> 
> http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2008-04-30.html
> 
> Log:
> 
> http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2008-04-30.html
> 
> 0. Roll call
> 
> Present: Dave Cridland, Ralph Meijer, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.
> 
> Absent: Ian Paterson.
> 
> 4 of 5 members present, quorum achieved.
> 
> 1. Agenda bashing
> 
> None.
> 
> 2. Next meeting.
> 
> May 14.
> 
> 3. XEP-0030: Service Discovery
> 
> Approve version 2.4pre1?
> 
> ACTION: Peter to send a message to the Standards list asking for
> feedback on removal of the disco-publish feature and proposing how to
> provide that feature using pubsub.
> 
> 4. XEP-0171: Language Translation
> 
> Advance version 0.3 to Draft?
> 
> Votes needed from Ralph Meijer and Ian Paterson.
> 
> ACTION: Ralph voted +1. Peter to ping Ian about his vote.
> 
> 5. XEP-0222: Best Practices for Persistent Storage of Public Data via
> Publish-Subscribe
> 
> Advance version 0.2 to Draft?
> 
> Vote needed from Ian Paterson.
> 
> ACTION: Peter to ping Ian about his vote.
> 
> 6. XEP-0189: Public Key Publishing
> 
> Advance version 0.7 to Draft?
> 
> ACTION: Consensus that we need a better way to include ASCII output for
> PGP keys. Dave and Peter to investigate.
> 
> 7. XEP-0136: Message Archiving
> 
> Advance version 0.16 to Draft?
> 
> ACTION: Consensus on splitting out encryption section. Peter to publish
> separate XEP for that.
> 
> 8. XEP-0209: Metacontacts
> 
> ACTION: Kevin to update XEP-0209 per Last Call discussion.
> 
> [digression on XEPs 49 and 223, iq:private vs. PEP, etc. -- see log]
> 
> 9. XEP-0158: Robot Challenges
> 10. XEP-0221: Data Forms Media Element
> 11. XEP-0231: Data Element
> 
> Discussed (1) the need for CAPTCHAs and other Turing tests (XEP-0158)
> within in-band registration, and (2) whether it is desirable to include
> media in data forms (XEP-0221).
> 
> ACTION: Peter to post to the Standards list about these issues.
> 
> 12. Proto-XEP: IO Data
> 
> Accept as a XEP?
> 
> ACTION: Ralph has not had a chance to review this in depth yet. Dave and
> Peter in favor of publication. Waiting for some changes from the authors
> before publishing.
> 
> 13. Proto-XEP: Auto-Discovery of JabberIDs
> 
> ACTION: No objections to publication. Peter to publish.
> 
> /psa
> 


-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7338 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20080508/ce3a5a78/attachment.bin 


More information about the Council mailing list