[Council] Meeting reminder: 20081112

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Nov 11 17:54:50 CST 2008

Kevin Smith wrote:
> Another agenda for your shared delight.
>
> http://xmpp.org/council/agendas/2008-11-12.html

I will be travelling to the Bay Area tomorrow morning. In case I won't
have Internet access by the time of the meeting, here is my take on the
items:

2. XEP-0224: Attention

Seems fine to me, and there are implementations (Adium and Pidgin, I
think). +1 on advancing this to Draft.

3. XEP-0012: Last Activity

I will review the list feedback while travelling tomorrow. I think it is
fairly minimal but may require a revised version (to add a use case
about including last activity information in client-generated presence
notifications).

4. XEP-0085: Last Activity

I will review the list feedback while travelling tomorrow. My impression
is that it will not require a revised version, but I may be wrong.

5. ProtoXEP: Location Query

I am in favor of publication as a XEP.

6a. ProtoXEP: Pubsub Chaining/Aggregation

I am in favor of publication as a XEP.

6b. ProtoXEP: Pubsub Queuing

I am in favor of publication as a XEP.

7a. ProtoXEP: Data Mine-ing

I am in favor of publication as a XEP.

7b. XEP-0205: DoS Considerations

+1 on advancement to Active. I'm sure we will need to supplement this as
we gain even more deployment experience, as new attack vectors arise,
etc., but I see no compelling reason not to advance it in its current state.

7c. XEP-0220: Server Dialback

I still need to post to the standards@ list about the feedback I have
received offlist.

/psa