[Council] Message Mine-ing

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Nov 21 05:08:04 CST 2008

Can I ask the seemingly obvious question (and this time ask it from
the right email address, so the message goes through... Sorry for the
duplicate, Joe):

What case is this solving that cannot be solved by clients setting
priority correctly? It seems to be saying "Some servers and clients
don't do something sensible, therefore we'll make them all implement
a new protocol instead of just doing the right thing in the first
place." - and this seems, well, the wrong approach.

I'm assuming that Joe has something more interesting in mind.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/