[Council] Message Mine-ing

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 10:52:45 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> Can I ask the seemingly obvious question (and this time ask it from the
> right email address, so the message goes through... Sorry for the duplicate,
> Joe):
> What case is this solving that cannot be solved by clients setting  priority
> correctly? It seems to be saying "Some servers and clients  don't do
> something sensible, therefore we'll make them all implement  a new protocol
> instead of just doing the right thing in the first  place." - and this
> seems, well, the wrong approach.

I don't know what Dave's voting, but for me - I'm roughly -1 on this
until I can understand its purpose better - can Joe explain exactly
the use case this came about for please? I'm not against it per se,
and I can see value in it beyond broken servers if it allows someone
to redirect a session to another resource, but I'm not sure where it's
coming from.

Best,
/K