[Council] final voting reminder!

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Oct 24 17:30:31 CDT 2008

On Fri Oct 24 22:51:57 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Dave Cridland: XEP-0053,

Hmmm - I *did* register my vote, and it's even counted on the tally.
I'm assuming this 10 days rule doesn't really mean "10 days to vote
yes". ;-)

I'd think issuing a new version requires restarting the counter, and,
I suspect it may more votes from all members, too. Just because I was
the only dissenter for 1.4rc1 does not mean everyone else will
automatically agree with 1.4rc2...

However, the changes in the current 1.4 look fine to me. But I'd like
to know that other folk are still okay.

And yes, I do seem to be becoming very picky about procedure, don't I?

While I'm being so picky, perhaps the right thing for the tally is
actually:

a) As Date, the date when the vote was officially commenced. I'd
think this ought to be the first meeting for which the document is
placed on the agenda, or when the new revision were submitted.

b) Each new revision, post-rejection, should create a new line. So in
this case, we'd have:

XEP-0053		-1	.	+1	+1	+1	2008/10/15
XEP-0053		+1	.	.	.	.	2008/10/22

c) I suspect that we still need a 10 day timeout for those
"re-votes", but rather than DNV they should default. This effectively
means you've 10 days to review the changes.

I have to admit, I'd like to see vetos recorded.

>  XEP-0206,

Reading through BOSH I noticed other stuff that needs a bit of work -
nothing major, just oddities.

body MUST be empty - good.
server SHOULD ignore - fine.
server MAY send - wrong - this is not truly optional behaviour.

"[...] SHOULD ignore it. Some implementation are known to send that
stanza when [...]" is prefereable, to avoid the implication that
sending the stanza is actually okay.

Assuming you fix this, I'm +1, but as things stand that's a -1.

> XEP-0080

I voted +1 already, honest! (On the list, with absolutely no
commentry, just "6) +1").

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/