[Council] final voting reminder!

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Oct 27 17:03:47 CDT 2008

Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Sat Oct 25 06:47:50 2008, Jack Moffitt wrote:
>> I also dislike the "server MAY send" language, but I'd have to go back
>> and look and see if that was discussed in our bosh meeting.
>
> I couldn't find any mention.
>
> MUST NOT send and SHOULD NOT accept is a pretty common combination, but
> the MAY suggests that something is allowed, normal behaviour, and fine -
> I actually misread the phrase the first time.

What exactly are we referring to here? Is it this paragraph?

Upon receiving the <success/> element, the client MUST then ask the
connection manager to restart the stream. It does this by setting to
"true" the 'xmpp:restart' attribute (qualified by the 'urn:xmpp:xbosh'
namespace) of the BOSH <body/> element. When sending the restart
request, the client SHOULD also include the 'to' and 'xml:lang'
attributes. In addition the <body/> MUST be empty (if the client
includes an XML stanza in the body, the connection manager SHOULD ignore
it but MAY send that stanza when the stream is restarted; however there
is no guarantee that a connection manager will send the stanza so a
client cannot rely on this behavior).