[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-10-15

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Oct 28 03:19:49 CDT 2008

On Mon Oct 27 21:13:36 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Joe and I discussed it offlist. We think that if the naive
> subscriber
> doesn't include subscription options, the queueing node needs to
> return
> a <not-acceptable/> error with a pubsub-specific condition of
> <configuration-required/>. In fact this is already specified:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/pubsub-queueing.html#example-1
>
> So a naive client will never get subscribed to a queueing node in
> the
> first place.

Ah, okay. In that case, that would seem to be the major area of
interop failure gone, so I'm okay with this in principle.

I'll admit I'm not convinced, yet, that this is the right approach
for queueing, but it does at least appear not to cause damage, so I
have no objections.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/