[Council] XEP-0084 (User Avatar)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Oct 30 17:24:24 CDT 2008

We currently have two Draft specs under revision: XEP-0084 and XEP-0174.
It seems that we didn't get XEP-0084 (User Avatar) on the agenda with
the other "rich presence" / PEP payload specs, so we'll need to vote on
that sometime soon.

Here are the particulars regarding version 1.1rc1 of XEP-0084:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0084-1.1.html

Changelog: For consistency with other PEP payload formats, changed stop
semantics to use an empty <metadata/> element rather than a <stop/>
child element.

SVN diff from 1.0:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0084.xml?%40diffMode=u&%40diffWrap=s&r1=1354&r2=2276&u=3&ignore=&k=

(Or http://is.gd/5gXw if you like short URLs.)

Before proceeding, we may need to check with developers about who has
implemented the <stop/> semantics.

I'll post separately about XEP-0174.