[Council] meeting minutes, 2009-01-07

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 7 14:59:21 CST 2009

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2009-01-07...

Agenda:

http://xmpp.org/council/agendas/2009-01-07.html

Log:

http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2009-01-07.html

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

0. Roll call

Present: Dave Cridland, Ralph Meijer, Jack Moffitt, Peter Saint-Andre,
Kevin Smith.

Quorum achieved.

1. Agenda bashing

None.

2. XEP-0205: Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks

Advance to Active?

All Council members voted +1.

3. XEP-0165: Best Practices to Discourage JID Mimicking

Last call for moving to Active?

Council consensus that XEP-0165 cannot advance until XEP-0189 is stable.

4. XEP-0245: The /me Command

Last call for moving to Active?

No objections, the Editor shall issue a Last Call.

5. Priorities for 2009 - what do we do about these?

5a. Jingle. Consensus to officialy vote on advancing these specs to
Draft after the Jingle hackfest at FOSDEM in early February.

5b. End-to-end encryption. Some discussion about whether to use Jingle
for negotiation or a simpler approach. Dirk Meyer to post to the
security@ list about his implementation experience. Dave Cridland
expressed interest in perhaps trying to simplify the Jingle negotiation
somehow. Further discussion to happen on the security@ list.

5c. File transfer. This may fall out of the e2e discussion. Consensus
that ice-tcp is too complex and RTP-oriented as currently defined, but
that we may be able to get by with something simpler.

5c. Mobile optimizations. No real discussion during the meeting, but
discussion likely at the XMPP Summit.

6. Any other business?

FOSDEM preparations discussed. Peter to post to the summit@ list about
volunteers.