[Council] meeting minutes, 2009-04-29

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri May 8 03:56:16 CDT 2009

I think these were all my action points, please correct me if not...

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> 5. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/instant-gaming.html

Quite a few weirdnesses here. The grammar errors (whichs that should
be thats) and typos are a bit grating, but we can fix those. The Disco
is odd - why announce support for 'games' as well as the supported
games? The ID rules in <thread/> are daft - it can be any format you
like, but if you use dates in it, they SHOULD be -82ish? Most of that
paragraph would be clearer if it wasn't there. The whole 'renew' thing
seems quite peculiar, as it seems to be duplicating 'new' for the most
part. I'm not at all convinced by the requirement on users to respond
to invitations. There are race conditions in the game saving stuff.
I've also got no idea why we'd try and shoehorn saved states into data
forms here.

> 6. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/multi-user_gaming.html

This seems to be heavily redefining muc, which bothers me - There's no
reason for it to be copy/pasting most of the MUC spec. What are the
category and game fields mentioned under example 7? I may have been
being blind.

> 7. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/tictactoe.html

Renew still seems to be a solution looking for a problem here, but
other than that it doesn't look horrible.

> 8. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/tictactoe-mug.html

I'm not convinced that there should need to be a mug and non-mug
version, but hey.

XEP reviewing first thing in the morning is a bad idea - I'm still grumpy :)

/K