[Council] Welcome new council.

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 16:06:16 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>> * We need to decide on a time to meet. I'd propose we pick the usual
>> council time, a week Wednesday (14th October) at 7UTC (8 British
>> Summer Time) and we can work out from there whether we can all make
>> it. Usually council in the first meeting decides a stable time/day for
>> its meetings, so that's for the first agenda.
> I would really appreciate a different day or time.

I'm entirely game for a new time. For the next 5 weeks, I can't do
weekday daytimes, after that I probably can. When would be convenient
for other people?

> I think we have three UTC/UTC+1, and two UTC+1/UTC+2. And we all change
> clocks at the same time. :-)

> That particular Wednesday, I think I'm taking my son canoeing from 8pm until
> 9pm - this is about every two weeks, now. Similarly, I'm usually taking him
> places on a Monday evening.

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are bad for me - any other night
suggestions? :D

> Sorry to complicate things (already). :-/

> I'd like to propose a handful of policies, such as requesting that at least
> one author of a protoXEP is present when we're meant to be discussing it.

That sounds sensible. If you list the ideas, we can discuss them at
our first meeting. To be some weekday evening other than Monday-Friday
:)

/K