[Council] Welcome new council.

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Oct 7 07:51:29 CDT 2009

On Wed Oct  7 13:15:10 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Consider it a transfer of self-importance from me to the Council. I
> don't want to be a bottleneck and I would rather that we have a
> public
> process for requesting Last Calls (and Calls for Experience) than to
> have the process be "ping stpeter".

Right, that's certainly a sensible aim.

>  That said, I'm not wedded to the
> two-step process I outlined above -- the Council *could* issue a
> Last
> Call in the meeting at which a XEP author makes the request, or it
> could
> decide to think about it for a week and then issue the Last Call at
> its
> next meeting.

I think the time we need to author (or other interested party) in the
meeting is when we're talking about it.

I think the way to request that we talk about it should just be "Mail
the Council". Or "Send a note to the standards list" is probably even
better.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/