[Council] Welcome new council.

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Oct 7 09:12:43 CDT 2009

On Wed Oct  7 14:55:20 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> My concern is that the mail to the standards@ list will have a
> subject
> line of "LAST CALL: XEP-0373", leading the Council to lose control
> over
> the issuance of Last Calls. And the action of mailing the Council
> is not
>  straightforward at present because the council@ list is moderated
> (but
> if the Council chair or Council members would like to take over list
> administrative duties and regularly monitor the inbound messages
> that
> are held for moderator approval, so be it -- I happen to think we
> all
> have better things to do with our time than remove spam from the
> holds
> list, which is why currently mail is discarded rather than held).
>
> All in all I think it's simpler for the XEP author to bring the
> matter
> up during a Council meeting.

I'm beginning to think you've thought about this way more than I
have. :-)

What about:

1) Author requests the Chair to add the Last Call discussion to the
Agenda. This may be done at a meeting, or simply by asking the Chair
directly, via XMPP or email. (One assumes the Author can find the
Chair, of course).

2) Council discuss Last Call, and Author SHOULD show up to that
meeting.

3) After the Last Call is over, a futher meeting will occur to
discuss advancement. At this point, Author MUST show up.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/