[Council] Welcome new council.

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 10:36:38 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> What about:
>> 1) Author requests the Chair to add the Last Call discussion to the
>> Agenda. This may be done at a meeting, or simply by asking the Chair
>> directly, via XMPP or email. (One assumes the Author can find the Chair,
>> of course).
> One assumes. :)
> I don't particularly care how the XEP author convinces the Chair to add
> the proposed Last Call to the agenda. Show up at a meeting, send email
> to the chair, ping the chair via IM, smoke signals, etc.

I think it doesn't really matter - I think the XEP author requesting
the last call to the Chair is sensible (more so than mailing
standards@ or council@).

>> 2) Council discuss Last Call, and Author SHOULD show up to that meeting.
> Aside from the fact that RFC2119 conformance terms do not apply to human
> behavior (would that they did!), yes.

Well, they SHOULD!

>> 3) After the Last Call is over, a futher meeting will occur to discuss
>> advancement. At this point, Author MUST show up.
> Sure.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get timezone issues with this,
but I'm quite happy to give a go and seeing how it works out (in fact,
I'm in favour of it).

> I don't want to add too much process here, I just want to remove myself
> from the loop in case I get hit by a bus.

It would be nice to take the load off a bit, and for you to then not
be hit by a bus. In any case, I think it'll be convenient (for the
Chair) for the authors to directly approach the Chair about this.

/K