[Council] Agenda 20091019

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sun Oct 18 19:37:56 CDT 2009

Thanks, Kevin. Some further input...

On 10/18/09 11:44 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Agenda for the meeting 20091019 1800 UTC
> council at conference.jabber.org
>

> 1. Roll call.
>
> 2. Agenda Bashing.
>
> 3. What are this council's priorities for http://xmpp.org/xsf/roadmap.shtml ?
>
> 4. ProtoXEP Linked Process Protocol - http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/lop.html.
> Accept as a XEP?
>
> 5. The following XEPs are soon to expire:
>     *  XEP-0152: Reachability Addresses
>     * XEP-0225: Component Connections
>     * XEP-0186: Invisible Command
>     * XEP-0252: BOSH Script Syntax
> No action required.

The XMPP Extensions Editor recently deferred XEPs 152, 186, and 225.

The following XEPs are due to be deferred in the next 30 days:

* XEP-0252: BOSH Script Syntax
* XEP-0226: Message Stanza Profiles
* XEP-0253: PubSub Chaining
* XEP-0254: PubSub Queueing

XEP-0248: PubSub Collection Nodes was also recently deferred.

I am actively seeking co-authors / maintainers for some of these
specifications.

I would appreciate it if the Council could express its opinions
regarding the specifications that have been recently deferred or that
are due to be deferred. Does the Council wish them to be more actively
maintained or to be advanced along the Standards Track?

> 6. Date/Time of next meeting.
>
> 7. Any other business.

Regarding recent Last Calls as listed on the Radar page, Waqas Hussain
has volunteered to update XEP-0227: Portable Import/Export Format for
XMPP-IM Servers. In fact he has incorporated the Last Call feedback into
version 0.3 (released a few days ago):

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0227.html

Therefore, it might be appropriate for the Council to issue a second
Last Call on XEP-0227, it if has consensus that the Last Call comments
have been successfully addressed.

As far as I know, the authors of XEP-0244 have not yet made any changes
to that specification as a result of the Last Call. One of the action
items here is to move some content from XEP-0244 to XEP-0050. I hope to
do that soon (along with some other fixes to XEP-0050).

BTW, I have updated http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Radar to reflect the
foregoing information.

Peter

- --