[Council] meeting minutes, 2009-09-09

Jack Moffitt jack at collecta.com
Fri Sep 11 12:57:24 CDT 2009

> 2. XEP-0203 (Delayed Delivery)
>
> RALPH and JACK shall post to the council@ list if they object, and still
> need to vote.

I am +1 on the new text.  It seems like the right thing to do would be
to publish 1.1 and do another last call, but I don't feel that
strongly either way.

> 5. Internationalization clarifications in XEPs 55 and 77
>
> Dave, Peter, and Kev +1 on modifying these in place.

+1 from me.

> 6. SIFT <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sift.html>
>
> Dave a reluctant +1 to publishing -- he is concerned about having yet
> another way to do invisibility and is not convinced that we need to
> obsolete negative presence priorities. Peter went off on a thoroughly
> unjustified rant about the delay in publishing SIFT as a XEP, then
> recanted. Consensus that the Editor shall publish this for continued
> discussion on the standards@ list.

I'm still +1 on this.

> 7. Muji <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muji.html>
>
> Kev now +1 to publishing. No feedback received from JACK. The Editor
> shall publish it unless we hear from Jack to the contrary by the close
> of business this Friday.

I think I voted on this just now in the last meetings minutes.  But
just in case, I'm definitely +1.

> 8. Design Considerations for Digital Signatures in XMPP
> <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dsig-design.html>
>
> Peter and Kev have reviewed it and are +1 on publishing. Dave said in
> the previous meeting that he was +1 as well. No feedback yet received
> from RALPH or JACK. The Editor shall publish it unless we hear from
> Ralph and Jack to the contrary by the close of business this Friday.

+1 from me.  Looks good.

> 11. XEP-0256 (Last Activity in Presence)
>
> Kev +1 on the proposed changes. To be discussed further in the next
> meeting to gain feedback from Dave, Jack, and Ralph.

+1 on proposed changes.

> 13. XEP-0080 (User Location)
>
> Dave, Peter, and Kev +1. Votes needed from RALPH and JACK.

+1 on proposed changes.

jack.