[Council] meeting minutes, 2009-09-09

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Tue Sep 15 02:29:00 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 14:18 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Duly noted.
>
> RALPH still has some action items...

My apologies, this September must be the busiest month I've ever seen,
and will continue to be like that all month. Nevertheless, I will take
my train-time to work on the backlog, including the well-timed PubSub
Push :-).

> On 9/11/09 11:57 AM, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> >> 2. XEP-0203 (Delayed Delivery)
> >>
> >> RALPH and JACK shall post to the council@ list if they object, and still
> >> need to vote.
> >
> > I am +1 on the new text.  It seems like the right thing to do would be
> > to publish 1.1 and do another last call, but I don't feel that
> > strongly either way.

I was sure I +1'd this earlier with the comments on how to trust time
stamps. The new text looks great, and am happy to move it to Final now.
The protocol is not going to change and this is just a clarification
that reflects reality.

> Vote needed from Ralph.
>
> >> 5. Internationalization clarifications in XEPs 55 and 77
> >>
> >> Dave, Peter, and Kev +1 on modifying these in place.
> >
> > +1 from me.
>
> Ralph, let us know if you have any objections.

+1

> >> 6. SIFT <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sift.html>
> >>
> >> Dave a reluctant +1 to publishing -- he is concerned about having yet
> >> another way to do invisibility and is not convinced that we need to
> >> obsolete negative presence priorities. Peter went off on a thoroughly
> >> unjustified rant about the delay in publishing SIFT as a XEP, then
> >> recanted. Consensus that the Editor shall publish this for continued
> >> discussion on the standards@ list.
> >
> > I'm still +1 on this.
>
> Ralph, do you have objections to publishing this?

As always, +1 on publishing. There apparently is demand for a solution
in this space, and while this spec might not be it, we can work on it
after publishing.

> >> 7. Muji <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muji.html>
> >>
> >> Kev now +1 to publishing. No feedback received from JACK. The Editor
> >> shall publish it unless we hear from Jack to the contrary by the close
> >> of business this Friday.
> >
> > I think I voted on this just now in the last meetings minutes.  But
> > just in case, I'm definitely +1.
>
> Ralph was +1 on September 2, so I shall publish it.

Yay!

> >> 8. Design Considerations for Digital Signatures in XMPP
> >> <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dsig-design.html>
> >>
> >> Peter and Kev have reviewed it and are +1 on publishing. Dave said in
> >> the previous meeting that he was +1 as well. No feedback yet received
> >> from RALPH or JACK. The Editor shall publish it unless we hear from
> >> Ralph and Jack to the contrary by the close of business this Friday.
> >
> > +1 from me.  Looks good.
>
> Ralph, do you have objections to publishing this?

+1

> >> 11. XEP-0256 (Last Activity in Presence)
> >>
> >> Kev +1 on the proposed changes. To be discussed further in the next
> >> meeting to gain feedback from Dave, Jack, and Ralph.
> >
> > +1 on proposed changes.
>
> Ralph?

+1, there might be an interesting avenue for cutting down on PEP
notifications at login.

> >> 13. XEP-0080 (User Location)
> >>
> >> Dave, Peter, and Kev +1. Votes needed from RALPH and JACK.
> >
> > +1 on proposed changes.

+1 on country code.

Futher, I am +1 on the changes to XEP-0136 and XEP-0085, that somehow
went missing in this overview.

Thanks!

ralphm