[Council] meeting minutes, 2009-09-09

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Sep 15 10:04:39 CDT 2009

On 9/15/09 1:29 AM, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 14:18 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>
>> Duly noted.
>>
>> RALPH still has some action items...

Thanks, Ralph!

> My apologies, this September must be the busiest month I've ever seen,
> and will continue to be like that all month. Nevertheless, I will take
> my train-time to work on the backlog, including the well-timed PubSub
> Push :-).

Is there ever a bad time for pubsub? ;-)

>>> I am +1 on the new text.  It seems like the right thing to do would be
>>> to publish 1.1 and do another last call, but I don't feel that
>>> strongly either way.
>
> I was sure I +1'd this earlier with the comments on how to trust time
> stamps. The new text looks great, and am happy to move it to Final now.
> The protocol is not going to change and this is just a clarification
> that reflects reality.

Noted. Given that there have been no objections raised about the text of
the new security consideration, I think it is safe to advance this spec
from Draft to Final.

>>> +1 from me.
>> Ralph, let us know if you have any objections.
>
> +1

I shall release updated versions of these, not modify them in place. So
XEP-0055 will change from 1.2 to 1.3 and XEP-0077 will change from 2.2
to 2.3.

>>> I'm still +1 on this.
>> Ralph, do you have objections to publishing this?
>
> As always, +1 on publishing. There apparently is demand for a solution
> in this space, and while this spec might not be it, we can work on it
> after publishing.

The Editor shall publish this proposal.

>>> I think I voted on this just now in the last meetings minutes.  But
>>> just in case, I'm definitely +1.
>> Ralph was +1 on September 2, so I shall publish it.
>
> Yay!

:)

IMHO this spec needs some serious attention, but it's a step in the
right direction.

>>> +1 from me.  Looks good.
>> Ralph, do you have objections to publishing this?
>
> +1

The Editor shall publish this proposal.

>>> +1 on proposed changes.
>> Ralph?
>
> +1, there might be an interesting avenue for cutting down on PEP
> notifications at login.

That's the idea, yes.

The Editor shall publish version 1.1.

>>> +1 on proposed changes.
>
> +1 on country code.

The Editor shall publish version 1.7. Perhaps during the next Council
term this can be advanced to Final.

> Futher, I am +1 on the changes to XEP-0136 and XEP-0085, that somehow
> went missing in this overview.

They went missing because the Council ran out of time in its meeting.
However, this gives you less to vote on during the next meeting, which
shall be held on September 23rd. Your votes and mine have been recorded
on the tallies page:

http://xmpp.org/council/tallies_08.shtml

Peter

- --