[Council] Council agenda 20090923

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Sep 22 16:27:07 CDT 2009

On 9/21/09 12:39 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Thanks to Peter for the new radar page, which makes this much easier
> (I'm borrowing his words):
>
> 1. Role call.

Roll call, yes. ;-)

See http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2009-September/002628.html

> 3. XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications (version 2.1rc1)
>
> Revisions have been completed by the author to clear up confusion
> regarding allowable state transitions. Version 2.1 needs a vote.
>
> Rendered copy:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0085-2.1.html
>
> SVN diff:
>
> http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0085.xml?r1=2536&r2=3388

+1

> 4. XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol (version 1.2rc2)
>
> Do we want to vote on this, or leave it until 60's done too?
>
> Rendered copy:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0163-1.2.html
>
> SVN diff:
>
> http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0163.xml?r1=2181&r2=3285

I think it's probably best to push them both forward at the same time.

> 5. XEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS (version 1.2rc3)
>
> It appears that the standards at xmpp.org list has consensus regarding the
> proposed changes, so it appears that this XEP can be voted on.
>
> Rendered copy:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0175-1.2.html
>
> SVN diff:
>
> http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0175.xml?r1=1675&r2=3443

+1

> 6. Proto-XEP: Linked Process Protocol
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/lop.html
>
> Accept as a XEP?

Let's leave that for the next Council. :P

> 7. Subdomains.
> Text in XEPs 16, 45, 100, 178, 191, 220, and 271 has been adjusted to
> clear up confusion about the term "subdomain" in XMPP.
> Explanation: http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-September/022657.html
> SVN diff: http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/changelog/XMPP/?cs=3447
> involved might be modified in place.

+1, edit in place.

> 8.   XEP-0136: Message Archiving 1.1rc2
> SVN diff: http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0136.xml?r1=2088&r2=3455
> Approve version 1.1?

+1 but I'd also be fine with leaving this to the next Council so that it
has a bit of time to rest.

> 9. Deferrals.
> There are 10 XEPs about to be deferred ( http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Radar ).
> Is anyone interested in resurrecting them?

I'm fine with letting all of those lapse, although I wish we'd fine the
will to push forward with the component connection work.

> 10. Any other business?

10a. The 2010 compliance suite http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0270.html
seems fine to me. However, I do wonder if these are truly useful.

10b. Feel free to edit http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Annual_Report_2009 if
you have input on the Council's part of the report. I've given it a
start but I'm sure it needs more work.

/psa