[Council] Meeting tonight.

Matthew Wild me at matthewwild.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 11:41:01 CDT 2010

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:20:06 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
wrote:
> On 8/9/10 9:36 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>  A reminder for people to comment on the 201 last call, which has
>>> ended without comment. There's nothing on the Radar, but I believe
>>> there are a couple of protoXEPs sitting in the Inbox - Peter, would
>>> you like Council to discuss these (and which)? Otherwise we're lacking
>>> an agenda again.
>>
>> In the absence of anything to vote on, I suggest we skip a week,
>> again. Thoughts?
>
> The Council probably has 6-8 weeks left in its term (that reminds me,
> the XSF needs to kick off its elections process for Board and Council).
> What does it want to accomplish in the time remaining?

Yes, I'm aware of this and was looking at the roadmap a few weeks back. I
think we're doing ok, items 1 and 2 (3920bis, 3921bis, e2e) are being
worked on and hopefully nearing completion, and item 3 (Jingle File
Transfer) is the focus of two GSoC projects so should give us some
much-needed implementation experience. Item 4 (incident reporting &
friends) is lagging in implementation experience, but I'm not sure this is
council's fault.

Before the end of term I personally would like to fulfil our promise in the
current version of XEP-0136. Kev and I have been working on a
much-simplified protocol in the form of a few XEPs which I need to finish
polishing up and submit. This I hope to achieve in the next 2 weeks.

Matthew