[Council] Meeting tonight.

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Aug 10 09:42:14 CDT 2010

On 8/9/10 10:41 AM, Matthew Wild wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:20:06 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the absence of anything to vote on, I suggest we skip a week,
>>> again. Thoughts?
>>
>> The Council probably has 6-8 weeks left in its term (that reminds me,
>> the XSF needs to kick off its elections process for Board and Council).
>> What does it want to accomplish in the time remaining?
>>

> Yes, I'm aware of this and was looking at the roadmap a few weeks back. I
> think we're doing ok, items 1 and 2 (3920bis, 3921bis, e2e) are being
> worked on and hopefully nearing completion, and item 3 (Jingle File
> Transfer) is the focus of two GSoC projects so should give us some
> much-needed implementation experience.

Let's make sure we capture that before the GSoC students disappear. Same
for XEP-0198 (although Tobias won't disappear).

> Item 4 (incident reporting &
> friends) is lagging in implementation experience, but I'm not sure this is
> council's fault.

And I'm not sure how critically important that really is, although it
would be nice-to-have.

> Before the end of term I personally would like to fulfil our promise in the
> current version of XEP-0136. Kev and I have been working on a
> much-simplified protocol in the form of a few XEPs which I need to finish
> polishing up and submit. This I hope to achieve in the next 2 weeks.

Super. I was chatting with someone yesterday about message archiving and
he said that he had an alternative (simpler) proposal, so I'll poke him
about posting to the standards@ list about that.