[Council] Minutes 2010-12-08

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 05:07:44 CST 2010

Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/101208/

1) Roll call
Kev and both Matts present, Nathan and Ralph not.

2) Agenda bashing.
Kev added an item to the end.

3) http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/remote-auth.html
Accept as XEP?

No objections to publication, although MM and KS  aren't convinced of
its utility. Nathan and Ralph to say whether they object or not within
a fortnight.

4) Interop report (Kev)
"M-Link, Ejabberd, Prosody, Tigase and Psyched are participating on
the server side, things are underway, we're doing basic today, TLS
tomorrow, and TLS with cert checking Friday. I've put up some basic
test plan, am vaguely overseeing (I'm avoiding being the Isode contact
so I can keep my XSF hat on), and I'll write up an informal report at
the end of the week."

5) bis report (Peter)
"the bis docs are getting closer every day"

6) e2e report (Peter)
"I've talked with the OTR guys about potentially documenting their
stuff in an RFC (probably informational), we'll see where that leads"

7) Minutes of Council attendance.
General agreement that it's useful for the membership to know if
Council members are on time (and therefore present for the votes), or
turned up as the meeting finished. Kev to start minuting attendence
based on present/late/absent.

8) Date of next meeting
Wed. 15th December, 1600UTC.

9) Any other business.