[Council] Resignation

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 13:51:02 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> You've probably noticed by now that my attendance has been suffering this
> session, but more than that, I'm increasingly finding that I lack the time
> to put into the Council this year, and it's getting increasingly worse.
> I think the Council really deserves to be able to select a new member who
> has the time and energy available to provide the kind of leadership the
> position deserves. I'm hoping that one of the very fine candidates who
> narrowly missed out in the last election might be willing to stand again for
> the remaining 6 months or so of this one.
> I feel rather guilty for dropping you in it on this one, but I'll feel worse
> if I don't give the role the attention it deserves.

I've just chatted with Dave, who doesn't think he'll have the time he
needs anytime soon and still believes he should resign, so I'd like to
thank him for his work over the course of his terms, and for letting
someone else take the role when he doesn't feel he can contribute as
he'd like.

I'll send out another email about future Council size (as discussed at
the meeting a few minutes ago) later.

/K