[Council] Agenda 2010-03-08

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 8 07:17:04 CST 2010

On 3/8/10 5:48 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>   We don't have any official votes that start tonight, so I'll take it
> from you guys whether you want to skip a week, or discuss the
> non-voting items today. I'm aware I have some votes from last week to
> sort out, now I'm back from holiday, and also to send a mail about
> filling the fifth seat.

I think we can discuss these items on the list until next week.

See also:

http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Radar

> If we want a meeting, a possible agenda is:
>
> 1) Roll call
>
> 2) Agenda Bashing
>
> 3)   XEP-0193 / multiple resources per stream: several people have
> expressed an interest in bring back this feature (which was removed
> from rfc3920bis). Is the Council receptive to taking this on?
>
> 4)  XEP-0232 / software information: this was recently deferred for
> inactivity but there is still interest in moving this forward. Can the
> Council review it again and more clearly specify its objections?
>
> 5) Consistency of review periods -- see
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2010-March/002783.html

One aspect of this is: exactly when does a voting period start? Perhaps
the Editor or Council Chair needs to send a message to this list after
the meeting during which the Council decides to vote.

> 6) Roundups: an overview of the XEPs activity needs to be
> (ir)regularly published on blog.xmpp.org.

IMHO a standing item of this kind is unhelpful. Better to add an item
for each particular blog entry we need to write (e.g., about the
publication of Jingle Nodes -- I'm hoping to do that tonight).