[Council] Agenda 2010-03-08

Matthew Wild matthew at prosody.im
Mon Mar 8 09:08:00 CST 2010

On 8 March 2010 14:23, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> I think we can discuss these items on the list until next week.
>> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Radar
>
> That's where I got all the items below from :)
>
>>> 5) Consistency of review periods -- see
>>> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2010-March/002783.html
>> One aspect of this is: exactly when does a voting period start? Perhaps
>> the Editor or Council Chair needs to send a message to this list after
>> the meeting during which the Council decides to vote.
>
> I've always treated the "Votes needed from X and X" in the minutes as
> a note that voting has started, but I'm happy to make it explicit.

Same, but as Peter I wouldn't mind making it explicit.

>>> 6) Roundups: an overview of the XEPs activity needs to be
>>> (ir)regularly published on blog.xmpp.org.
>> IMHO a standing item of this kind is unhelpful.
>
> I agree - this wasn't a standing item, it was me going to ask for
> feedback on this request of the commteam's. I'd quite like more
> feedback from the commteam on what we need to do. I believe a blog
> post about a single XEP is overkill, but we'll see.

I know what you mean, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be a
long or detailed blog post (in the same sense that the notifications
to standards@ aren't by any means long or detailed). Maybe we open
tasks on the tracker assigned to the comms team for each XEP update?
:)

Regards,
Matthew