[Council] Agenda 2010-03-08

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 8 09:59:19 CST 2010

On 3/8/10 8:10 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>>> I agree - this wasn't a standing item, it was me going to ask for
>>> feedback on this request of the commteam's. I'd quite like more
>>> feedback from the commteam on what we need to do. I believe a blog
>>> post about a single XEP is overkill, but we'll see.
>> I know what you mean, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be a
>> long or detailed blog post (in the same sense that the notifications
>> to standards@ aren't by any means long or detailed). Maybe we open
>> tasks on the tracker assigned to the comms team for each XEP update?
>> :)
>
> That might work, but my understanding is that the commteam don't want
> to do this, they want council to write the posts. Maybe it's just that
> they want council to trigger the actions, in which case it's a good
> idea.

This is all too complicated. Write a blog post about whatever you
please. I happen to want to write a post about Jingle Nodes and will do
so as soon as I've submitted some Internet-Drafts in front of today's
deadline (which means I'll post tonight). If some people write posts and
others don't, that's fine. If peer pressure induces more Council members
to write a brief post here and there, that's good too. :)