[Council] Minutes 2011-03-23

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Tue Apr 5 13:19:42 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reminder (-:

Overall, it looks pretty good.

Some nits:

* In "2. Terminology"; it states "For example, during a Jingle negotiation the Jingle Initiator might first take on the role of an S5B Requester but if that first bytestreams negotiation fails then the Jingle Responder might take on the role of an S5B Requester."  One of those S5B Requesters should be a S5B Target, no?

* In "4. Discovering Proxies"; the "host" parameter allows for either an IP address or a hostname.  However, there are some conventions for representing IPv6 addresses in strings (e.g. "[3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf]").  I think this text should indicate what's expected when an IP address is specified (e.g. MUST be the address without additional formatting, e.g "3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf").

* In "9 Formal Description"; there is no mention of <udpsuccess/> as there is of the other elements in the schema.  I don't know how much it really matters, but I tend to favor consistency (-:

- m&m