[Council] Minutes 2011-02-16

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Feb 28 09:02:10 CST 2011

On 2/28/11 2:41 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
>> 4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0198-1.2.html
>> Accept new version?
>>
>> Everyone to vote on-list within a fortnight.
>
> Have reviewed http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0198/diff/1.1/vs/1.2rc2
> Apart from my irritating refusal to accept that 'data' has become
> singular

I've got some windmills in Spain for you to tilt at.

(Oh sorry, I must not end a sentence with a preposition! Really, this is
the sort of nonsense up with which I shall not put...)

> (I'd rather 'when there is other data' to be 'when there is
> other traffic'

One doesn't send traffic; traffic is what happens when one sends stuff.

> (or 'when there are other data')

How about "stuff" instead of "data"? ;-)

> in a perfect world)

Sorry, utopia is not an option.

> I'm fine with this.

Excellent.

> +1

Your vote will be officially recorded once I finish recreating the
voting tally pages from the old site.