[Council] XEP-198 1.2 proxy vote

Nathan Fritz nathanfritz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:41:00 CST 2011

> What do the Council members think? Dave and I are just lowly spec
> authors. ;-)

+1

My issue involved confusion on the "H" attribute, and reset of it
being out of synch between server and client.  I originally thought
that this could happen easily, but now I do not believe that it can.

Dave and I discussed it at length, and the only edge cases we came up
with involved not acking for 2^32 stanzas (which a stream server would
probably not be able to deal with in supporting this feature anyway)
or a stream server sending 2^32 stanzas while the client is
disconnected (which is probably impossible on a TCP connection).

-Fritzy