[Council] Meeting 20111004

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Oct 4 17:06:58 UTC 2011

On 10/4/11 10:47 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Do we have anything much to discuss tomorrow?
>
> We can have a discussion about 296, or even vote on it.
>
> We can also rediscuss the account management XEP if we feel there's
> been enough discussion on list.
>
> Anything else?

Some AOB items...

1. Server Dialback, perchance? We need to figure out the way forward.

2. Now that XEP-0260 and XEP-0261 are Draft, it would be nice to finish
work on XEP-0234 (Jingle file transfer). The latter spec depends on
XEP-0300 (hashes). I'd like to have an informal discussion about how to
advance the hashes work (e.g., do we need to show how it can slot into
existing protocols where we use MD5 or SHA-1?).