[Council] Fwd: Re: [Standards] Regarding capitalization of base64 type in Jabber-RPC (XEP-0009)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Oct 4 22:07:27 UTC 2011

Another "AOB" for tomorrow. :)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Standards] Regarding capitalization of base64 type in
Jabber-RPC (XEP-0009)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:47:44 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
To: XMPP Standards <standards at xmpp.org>

> On 9/27/11 9:51 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>> I will reach out to Elliotte Rusty Harold about this to see if he's
>> received any errata about this in his book.
>
> Done. I'll post again if I hear from him.

I haven't heard from him, but I just double-checked the XML-RPC spec:

http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec

It has:

<base64>

Not:

<Base64>

So I do think this is an error in the book. I suggest that we fix this
in XEP-0009, although I'm happy to contact Dave Winer for confirmation.
I'll bring this up in the XMPP Council meeting tomorrow.