[Council] catching up

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Apr 8 16:23:00 UTC 2013

I see a number of work items in progress, some of which I haven't
followed up on as XEP Editor (my apologies!).

1. XEP-0258 v1.1.

In the meeting minutes for January 9, I see:

"+1 from those present, with a typo for the XEP editor to fix (also
mentioned on list). Tobias/Matt have a fortnight to vote."

I didn't see any feedback from Tobias or Matt. Therefore I think they
should be marked as DNV and we should update XEP-0258 to 1.1.

2. XEP-0288 Last Call (ended March 19).

Only Kim Alvefur provided feedback so far. He raised a security issue,
which the authors haven't followed up on AFAICS. I'll work to review
the spec this week.

3. XEP-0152 Last Call (ended March 19).

No replies yet, although there were pre-LC comments.

4. XEP-0220 Last Call.

No objections from the Council in the March 20 meeting (and follow-up
message from Tobias). I'll issue the Last Call but make it long.

5. Advancing XEP-0308 to Draft.

All Council members +1 in the March 20 meeting (and follow-up message
from Tobias). I'll change its status to Draft.

6. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dtls-fingerprint.html

No objections to publishing as Experimental. Shall do.

7. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/roster-management.html

No objections to publishing as Experimental. Shall do.

8. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensor-data.html

No objections to publishing as Experimental. Tobias and Kevin had
feedback that they'd like to see incorporated into the spec. I'll
publish it as Experimental and let them follow up on the standards@
list regarding their feedback.

9. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/exi.html

Much discussion and some concerns / feedback, but AFAICS no active
objections to publishing it as Experimental.

10. http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensor-network-provisioning.html

No objections from Kevin or Matt in / soon after the meeting, others
still have until this Wednesday to object.

If I have missed anything, please let me know. Once again, my
apologies for the tardy handling of these items.

Peter

- --