[Council] Minutes 2013-05-29

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Sun Jun 9 11:30:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Matt Miller <linuxwolf at outer-planes.net> wrote:
> 0) Roll Call
>
> Matt Miller (MM), Matthew Wild (MW), Ralph Meijer (RM), Tobias Markmann (TM), present; Kevin Smith (KS) arrived late.

+ Having sent apologies!

> 1) XEP-0297: Stanza Forwarding < http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0297.html >
> Advance to Draft?
>
> RM, TM, MW +1 at first.  MM -1 until §3.2, #5 is changed from SHOULD embed to MUST embed
> KS notes a preference for embedding, but to vote on list within one fortnight.

+1

> 2) ProtoXEP: Chat Markers < http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/chat-markers.html >
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> (KS arrives)
>
> RM has no objections.  MM, MW have objections (lack of s2s considerations).  MW to send discussion to standards at xmpp.org
> TM, KS have one fortnight to note objections.

I'm not opposed to it going to Experimental. I think it would be best
to limit interactions for this spec just between the user and their
server and for read receipts sent to other clients to be indepdendent
(and in the same style as delivery receipts). I'm also not sure that
this wouldn't be better off just using private PEP, but won't block on
that basis for the moment.

> 3) ProtoXEP: Data Forms - Color Field Type < http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/color-parameter.html >
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> RM, TM, MW have no objections.  MM has objections (prefixing of XEP-0122 elements).  Author(s) to submit a revision correcting XEP-0122 use.
> KS have one fortnight to note objections.

Not relevant as MM has blocked.

> 5.2) XEP-0280: Message Carbons < http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0280.html >
> Issue Last Call?
>
> +1 from MW, TM, RM, MM.  KS as one fortnight to vote on list.

+1

/K