[Council] Minutes 2013-03-20

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:50:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:

> Minutes for Council meeting 2013-03-20.
> Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/130320/
>
> 1) Roll call
> Kev, Matt, Matt and Ralph present, Tobias absent.

Yeah..

> 2) Issue Last Call on XEP-0220: Server Dialback?
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html
>
> Kev, Matt, Matt and Ralph in favour, Tobias has a fortnight to object.

+1

> 3) Advance XEP-0308: Message Correction to Draft?
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0308.html
>
> Kev, Matt, Matt and Ralph +1, Tobias to vote within a fortnight.

+1 for advancing.

> 4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dtls-fingerprint.html
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> No objections from those present, Tobias has a fortnight to object.

No objections from me.

> 5) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/roster-management.html
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> No objections from those present, Tobias has a fortnight to object.

I'm okay with accepting it as experimental.

> 6) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensor-data.html
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> No objections from Matt, Matt, Ralph. Kev and Tobias have a fortnight to
> object.

No larger objections..just some recommendations I'd like to see applied
after it being accepted as experimental:
 - Formal
- Images should probably be SVG or Base64ed PNG inside the XML
- Glossary could use definition list markup instead of table
 - Technical
- Time format is encoded like XEP-0082. A reference to it would be nice.

 7) http://xmpp.org/extensions/i <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/exi.html>
> exi <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/exi.html>
> nbox/.html <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/exi.html>
> Accept as experimental
>
> Much discussion during the meeting - see the room logs.
>
> Main points of contention were whether attacks were possible by doing
> schema exchange pre-auth and whether it fits the 138 model or should
> be a new transport binding.
>
> Matt Wild didn't object, others have a fortnight to object.

I think it should use XEP-300 for the schema hashes and not advertise use
of MD5, especially if there's no specific reasoning for it described. Other
than that I have no objections accepting it as experimental XEP.

Cheers,
Tobi