[Council] Minutes 2013-03-20

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 11:18:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> 6) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensor-data.html
> Accept as Experimental?
>
> No objections from Matt, Matt, Ralph. Kev and Tobias have a fortnight to object.

The iqs are bare JID instead of full JID.

Why not use type='error' for error stanzas?

Why not send iq responses after processing, instead of before?

Should times use 82?

I'm not entirely sure that I understand the translation stuff. Isn't
this equivalent to using strings in e.g. English, and then having a
translation map?

I think multicast is probably misleading here as what it's likely to
be doing is really a multi-singlcast type of thing.

No objections to it going to Experimental, in any case.

> 7) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/exi.html
> Accept as experimental
>
> Much discussion during the meeting - see the room logs.
>
> Main points of contention were whether attacks were possible by doing
> schema exchange pre-auth and whether it fits the 138 model or should
> be a new transport binding.
>
> Matt Wild didn't object, others have a fortnight to object.

I'm going to not object at the moment to it going to Experimental,
although I do still have reservations about it.

I'd quite like to know how EXI in this case compares to zlib (It looks
rather like zlib should cope pretty well with these data).

/K