[Council] Minutes 2015-08-05

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Aug 13 14:11:50 UTC 2015

On 5 Aug 2015, at 16:22, Lance Stout <lancestout at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Roll call
> Kev sends apologies, Matt absent. Dave, Fippo, and Lance present
>
> 2) Accept as experimental? http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/http-upload.html
>
> All to vote on list

I’m ever so marginally +1 on this. I am very uncomfortable with introducing another file transfer negotiation mechanism, and I believe this should be done with Jingle (for the negotiation), which has many advantages (the server could offer HTTP upload as well as other mechanisms, etc.), so this does meet one of my criteria for blocking a protoXEP.

> 3) AOB
>
> Fippo requests Last Call for XEP-0320 (Use of DTLS-SRTP in Jingle Sessions)
>
> Dave, Fippo, Lance +1. Kev and Matt to vote on list.

I’m fine with an LC.

> Sam Whited requests Last Call for XEP-0352 (Client State Indication)
>
> Dave, Lance +1. Kev, Matt, and Fippo to vote on list.

I’m fine with an LC.

/K