[Council] A couple of items for tomorrow's meeting

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Sep 1 19:42:18 UTC 2015

A couple of things I'd like to raise:

1) XMPP Registrar

I'd like to discuss whether the registrar should consider including
"pending" registrations from experimental XEPs etc within the registry.

I think this would have two advantages:

a) It would reduce the likelyhood of a clash in registrations, which is the
basis for the registry.

b) It would act as a valuable documentation resource in its own right, if
uses linked to the Experimental XEPs, etc.

Desired Outcome: Decision on whether to raise this more widely.

2) Text used in ProtoXEP announcements.

I happened to notice the text ending announcements:

"The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
proposal as an official XEP."

While this is entirely accurate, I think it might be nice to explicitly
state that the Council welcomes comments or some such.

Desired Outcome: Decision on whether to ask the Editor to change the text,
ideally with some suggested text.

Dave.