[Council] 2016-11-23 Council Meeting Minutes

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Dec 1 17:09:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>> ## 6a) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/204
>
> +1
> There has been some debate over where registry entries are actually
> defined and whether this additional form value should be defined in
> the XEP or directly in the registry.
> In general I think there are 3 different ways one could deal with
> registry entries.
> 1) Only the original XEP shall add new registry entries
> 2) Everyone can add new registry entries
> 3) Every XEP can add new registry entries.

Since there has been so much debate on this, maybe it's worth defining
a "registration policy" for each registry like IANA does; then when
registries are created each new one requires a policy (probably one of
the three things that daniel mentioned) so we know exactly how to deal
with these sorts of things in the future.

I will attempt to make a more concrete proposal before the next
meeting. Feedback welcome.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited