[Council] 2016-11-23 Council Meeting Minutes

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Nov 24 13:48:35 UTC 2016

On 24 November 2016 at 13:22, Tobias Markmann <tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> # 2016-11-23 Council Meeting
>
> Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2016-11-23/#16:16:03
>
> ## 0) Role call
>
> - Tobias (charining)
> - Daniel
> - Dave
> - Sam
> - Link Mauve
>
> ## 1) Minute taker
>
> Tobias recommended a round robin approach, based on that the minutes can be
> constructed from the chat logs (which I'm doing right now). Daniel thinks
> its a fair approach.
>
> Dave and Sam mention, that ideally it would be a life minute taker outside
> of the council, so they can directly ask questions if something is unclear.
> If there are any volunteers in the XMPP community who want to do this,
> please let us know.
>
> ## 2) Voting on accepting https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/iot-sig.html
>
> This was already accepted. It has been published by now at
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0381.html .
>
> ## 3) Recommendation for Council representative in IoT SIG
>
> Dave volunteered as a backstop.
> psa can commit to this and states that he has an IoT interest nowadays.
>
> Everyone is in favour of recommending psa as Council representative in the
> IoT SIG.
>
> ## 4) Reminder to send updated Bios for the website to the list.
>
> Please send a short bio to the Council ML or open a PR against
> https://github.com/xsf/xmpp.org/blob/master/content/pages/about/xmpp-standards-foundation.md
>
> ## 5) There are a couple outstanding XEP submissions that need revoting.
>
> Votes are taken to the list.
>
> ## 5a) https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/burner.html

+1

> ## 5b) https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/omemo.html

+1

> ## 5c) https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/omemo-filetransfer.html

I thought Daniel had withdrawn this?

> ## 5d) https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/spoiler.html

+1

> ## 6) There are a couple outstanding pull requests that need revoting too.
>
> ## 6a) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/204

This one. I thought we had previous agreed that it could be a simple
registration.

I'm not keen on changing '45 every time we want to add an option;
that's what the registrar is for, I'd have thought.

> ## 6b) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/263

+1

> ## 6c) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/267

+1

> ## 6d) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/232

I think this is OK. Feels a bit dirty but maybe that's OK.