[Council] XMPP Council Meeting Minutes 2017-08-30

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Aug 30 17:50:59 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017, at 10:34, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
> 3) Vote on accepting JET (Jingle Encrypted Transport)
>> Sam Whited on list

I don't think that an experimental implementation could be started from
the spec as it stands now. It would be helpful to at least have a
service discovery section added (it's currently listed under TODO)
before this is accepted as experimental. We've let specs with TODOs go
to experimental before, and I'm fine with that if an implementation
could reasonably be made that worked around the TODOs, but I don't
necessarily think that's the case here, it feels a bit underspecified.

I am temporarily -1 while work continues.

I also have some technical concerns, but I wouldn't block an
experimental XEP based on those so I will bring them up in the
standards@ discussion.

—Sam