[Council] Council meeting minutes 2017-11-29

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Dec 13 16:42:39 UTC 2017

On 13 Dec 2017 17:34, "Daniel Gultsch" <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:

1) Roll call
Sam Whited
Georg Lukas
Daniel Gultsch

Sorry! Seems that XMPP conspires against me when mobile/roaming.

2) Accept Instant Stream Resumption as proto XEP
Daniel +1
Sam on list
Georg on list

I'm +1. There's lots in this ProtoXEP that I disagree with, but the
fundamental shape is right, and I'll argue with the rest on-list after it's
accepted.

3) Vote on publish-options
Daniel proposed three different PRs to XEP-0060 that all address the
same problem in different ways.
Georg likes the last on (#557) but wants to hear from other people first
Sam also likes #557
Vote postponed until more people have commented

4) Enroll new accounts with invitation token
Georg ask if anyone knows about the existence of a XEP that deals with that.
Sam mentions XEP-0389. Further discussion to happen on list

5) Date of next
Daniel can't make it next week. Georg and Sam can. Rescheduling to
happen on list so absent members can comment on this as well

I would argue that we reconvene in 2018 at this point, though I think I
could make next week if I'm firmly in the rough on this.

6) No other business.

- Daniel