[Council] Next two weeks

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Jul 24 10:47:57 UTC 2017

On 24 Jul 2017, at 05:28, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 23, 2017, at 09:57, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
>> I would be willing to step in as an editor if someone writes down what
>> I have to do.
>
> I updated some of the steps in xep-README.xml a few days ago; the attic
> is the only part that still really concerns me, since I don't think it
> exists anymore in Docker land (but we probably want an archive of old
> versions of XEPs still). I'd love suggestions for how to deal with that,
> I haven't really looked into it other than maybe just archiving them in
> the wayback machine before publishing new versions.

I think I suggested the other day just putting all the generated artefacts into a git repo, and deploying from there, which still doesn’t feel stupid to me. Unlike the live XEPs, we don’t regenerate the attic under (of which I’m aware) any circumstances.

The attic does currently exist (https://xmpp.org/extensions/attic/), just served off disk without any change management, as it’s always been - which I think is a bad way for us to be living.

/K