[Council] IEEE WG and the IoT SIG

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Mar 8 18:35:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Some of you may know that Arc recently met with someone from the IEEE
IoT working group (or whatever the IEEE calls their version of SIGs).
They're using XMPP for all of their work, but have no members in the
XSF. Arc has convinced some of them to apply for membership, but it
was also suggested that the council might want to work with the IoT
SIG to come up with a strategy for what to do with the existing XEPs
(update, replace, etc.) and to make sure we have council
representation on the SIG.

Since there weren't many people in the council meeting today, I said
I'd send out an email and we can discuss it here. If anyone would like
to volunteer to the the liaison to the SIG, please do so. If anyone
has other opinions, please discuss. Let's try to have a plan for what
the council's roll in all this is (if anything) by next week.

—Sam