[Council] Council Meeting Minutes for 2017-03-08

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Mar 9 13:04:09 UTC 2017

> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>> Daniel notes that by delegating responsibly to the individual XEP’s
>> you are forcing those XEP’s to do a Namespace bump to clarify that
>> behaviour while he believes that the behaviour wasn’t necessarily
>> unclear before.
>

> If the behaviour currently isn't unclear, I don't see why rewording or more
> clearly describe the current behaviour would cause a namespace bump.

My interpretation of things is that everything that has been enabled
in a stream (carbons, blocking command subscription, CSI and so forth)
will remained enabled after that stream has been resumed. Why wouldn't
it? The PR however doesn't try to clarify that but instead changes the
wording to: It's up to the XEP; meaning if the XEP doesn't define it
it remains undefined. That would require us to go into every XEP and
add a statement regarding SM. (For some XEPs those 'behavior changes'
would require a NS bump. See for example Florians change to the
Carbons XEP were he bumped the NS for that reason.

cheers
Daniel