[Council] IEEE WG and the IoT SIG

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:02:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Tobias Markmann
> <tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > @Rikard: Would you mind setting up a XMPP IoT SIG meeting, where the
> Council
> > could join in and we can discuss this issue?
>
> Just to double check: do we have any council members that would
> actually go to this? It would be a shame to setup a meeting and then
> have no council members actually attend. (Tobias: can we assume your
> email means you'd attend?)
>
> —Sam
>
> P.S. I will not be attending, and I couldn't remember if anyone
> actually comitted to going last week, which is why I ask.

I certainly would attend, and hope for others too. That doesn't mean I'm a
IoT design expert by any means, but I think the council is a good
approximation on what we have to at least XMPP knowledgable people. As we
probably all agree that IoT is an important application for XMPP, we might
as well help our IoT SIG as much as possible and together come up with a
decent strategy forward.

Cheers,
Tobi