[Council] [Standards] 2017-11-08 XSF Council Minutes

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Nov 20 16:20:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017, at 10:49, JC Brand wrote:
> 2. Vote on accepting the "Markup" ProtoXEP
>
> * Link Mauve: +1
> * daniel: +1
> * dwd: +1
>
> Tobias and SamWhited will vote via the mailing list.

-0

The more I think about this protoxep the more I think it's not a
direction we want to go. If there were no other alternative it might be
worth developing, but since there is another alternative it seems worth
developing that instead of developing two in parallel (maybe making
styling more like markup, maybe not). However, being the author of the
alternative means I'm not impartial and it wouldn't be appropriate for
me to use my veto.

—Sam