[Council] XMPP Council Meeting Minutes 2017-08-30

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Wed Sep 6 00:36:20 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 05:34:39PM +0200, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
[…]

> 3) Vote on accepting JET (Jingle Encrypted Transport)
> Daniel on list
> Sam Whited on list
> Dave Cridland +1
> Tobias on list

After reading the thread on standards@, I am +1 to accept it despite
the already noted issues with this specification, there is always time
to fix it during the experimental period.

> 4) Vote on "XEP-0319: Add a precision about the XEP-0082 profile used."
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/469
>
> Tobias +1
> Dave Cridland +1
> Daniel +1
> Sam Whited +1

I am the author of this change so I wasn’t expecting I would have to
vote, but anyway I’m still +1 on it. :)

> 5) Vote on "XEP-0060: Add pubsub#multi-items in Publish-Subscribe features"
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/500/
>
> Tobias +1
> Daniel +1
> Sam Whited +1
>
> Dave Cridland raises concerns regarding RECOMMENDED and backwards
> compatibility.  Will vote on list

I would recommend dropping it to OPTIONAL, and make the future PEP-next
depend on it.

Also you should add a mention of its relation to pubsub#max_items.

With these two nits fixed I will give a +1, but currently it’s a -1.

[…]

> 8) Vote on merging "XEP-0065: Remove duplicate example"
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/471
>
> Tobias +1
> Sam Whited +1
> Dave Cridland +1
> Daniel +1

+1

> 9) AOB
>
> Daniel brings up #499 (full join on x in MUC). Tobias, whos vote was
> missing, votes +1
>
> Tobias and Dave mention that Jonas is doing great work as an editor.

A big +1 here too! :)

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot