[Council] XMPP Council Minutes, 2018-01-17

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Jan 18 10:50:32 UTC 2018

On 18 Jan 2018, at 08:28, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> 1) Roll Call
> Kev sent apologies; his votes will be on list.

Enclosed.

> 3) ProtoXEP - User Invitations
> Daniel and Sam on-list, Georg and Dave +1.
> Kev on-list.

Which is https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/user-invite.html I assume.

Not blocking this (+1), but the addition of fields into IBR seems wrong - don’t we have xep4 in IBR for this reason?

> 4) XEP-0286, Advance to Active
>
> All present +1.
>
> Kev on-list.

I’ll abstain/+0 this one, only because  no-one at all felt the need to support it in the LC (that I could find in my archives).

> 5) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/554
>
> Sam on-list, others +1.
>
> Kev on-list.

+1, natch.

> 6) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/557
>
> Council decided to vote in the absence of further list discussion.
>
> All present in favour, Kev to vote on list.

+1

> 7) XEP-0387, Advance to Draft
>
> Note this is without addressing Kev's outstanding feedback.
>
> Sam, Georg, Daniel +1
>
> Dave 0 (Specifically, felt it was pointless moving forward without
> addressing or merging Kev's PR, but felt it was Kev's decision to make
> here).
>
> Kev on-list.

I’m +1 once my PR addressing the outstanding list feedback is merged.
(Technically the vote shouldn't have happened until after the LC feedback was addressed, but I suppose it doesn’t really matter the order as long as both things happen)

/K