[Council] [Standards] XMPP Council Minutes for 2017-01-10

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Jan 24 08:54:29 UTC 2018

> * Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> [2018-01-10 18:30]:
>> 4) ProtoXEP: PEP Avatar to vCard conversion.
>
> +1. I like the general idea and I'm pretty sure the security issue I
> outlined on standards@ can be sorted out.
>
>> 6) ProtoXEP: TOTP 2FA
>
> +1
>
> I'm not quite sure how the interop between the TOTP Device and the XMPP
> client will be performed in practice (client displays QR code to
> camera-equipped Device / shares URI with local TOTP app?), and the
> explanation in §4 suddenly
>
> Furthermore, there are some places in the XEP with less-than-formal
> wording. If those are meant to stay, I recommend promoting this XEP to
> type "Humorous".

I’m inclined to -1 based on the language. Our main job as council when
accepting proto XEP is to check if the format is correct. (Usually we
take this even further and check if a XEP can be implemented or other
more or less arbitrary criteria). In this particular case however I'm
not really sure if this counts as 'correct format'.

cheers
Daniel