[Council] XMPP Council Agenda 2021-03-09

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Mar 9 20:13:25 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2021-03-09 at 16:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to
the discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- xsf/xeps GitLab MRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

Nothing.

4) Items for voting

4a) PR#1044: xep-0294: add mapping for a=extmap-allow-mixed
Updates the reference of RFC 5285 -> RFC 8285 and includes support for that
new attribute.

4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Content Rating Labels
Abstract: This specification provides a wire format in the form of a Service
Discovery extension to allow services of various kinds to publish information
about the kind of content they allow and/or endorse on their platform.

5) Pending Votes

None (yet).

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 16:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though
only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are
welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP
or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Stay safe, smart & healthy,
Jonas